[Event] Dance Factory PCP 2012: The view from the sidelines

, by 雨夜 [アマヤ]

So Friday was the Post Concert Party for Dance Factory's third successful sold-out concert, You'll Never Dance Alone 2012. It was held at Temasek Club Auditorium. Apologies for the lack of photos, as most of them are with the camera-girl, who I will kope from at a later time.

So the place was really secluded, and many people had a hard time finding their way in, and almost all had to cab in from the bus stop. Some bravely ventured along the expressway, please don't do that ever again ><

The crowd (at the beginning)


The cameragirl (deserves some highlighting)

And we had an awards ceremony! We had about 7 awards.


Winner of Best Freshie: Jean (SK)

Winner of Most Improved: Kenneth! (她爱我,她不爱我)

Jacky trying to cheat his height with the Troublemaker gals (winner of Best K-pop Song Senior)

The TOP TEN dancers for the year (:

Plus all comm members received a token of appreciation from Jacky (:

The silver watch and plague for 2012, the pink watch for 2011 (:

A closer look at the words

Videos!

pre-golden gears awards entertainment!


Commercial break

Check out this dancer's blog! Zongyi's blog features mainly beauty and health tips. She also posts about her modeling experiences and has good tips on how to look better in photoshoots. I personally like this article on pupil balance in photos (:

How I got myself into this

无三不成礼。 (It's not polite unless you do it three times.) I've been in this role of Stage Manager for 3 years, and I think it's about time to put all my thoughts down coherently.

Initially, I tried to dance as a form of exercise to get my knees in better shape. But as it turns out, hip hop is more bad than good for bad knees, so I had to give it up. But Jacky, given all his enthusiasm, invited me to help out backstage with the concert. And so I did. Established authority as 'very fierce/annoying person who shouts at people'. Didn't really know anyone back then. In 2011 and 2012,  I got involved more in planning and conceptualising the concert, and met up with a committee. Got to know many people better. Slowly, I got to enjoy seeing these people around, and looked forward to meeting them every year. I definitely did not always welcome the admin workload though. xD But I remind myself for who and for what I am doing all this for. (:

Personal shoutouts

To the very awesome dance director, teacher and friend, Jacky!

To my comm: Lina, Tiffany, Regine, Re'ann, Zongyi, Pink, Frank, Ee Hui, Gabriel, Irene, Weiling, Cynthia, Priscillia, Yvonne. You've been such a great bunch of people to be together with (: Thanks for all your hard work!

To my backstage crew: Fiona, Yue Long, Tingyan, Lexuan, Vanessa, Vernice, Abigail, Christabel, Marcus. Awesomee people!

To Nelson, Shuffle & Kenneth for being our saikang warriors!

To Vanessa Leong, Xinyi, Vivian, Yayan, Hellen, Daniel & Jack, Sean, Jinglin. Keep on dancing!

And to all dancers, thanks for dancing for concert! It's not an easy commitment, and to me, watching you all improve from the sidelines is something heartwarming for me.

All the best, and see you all next year (:

Amaya.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a wonderful stage manager and for your kindness. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: If I never helped out, I would have never met an awesome person like you! :D

      All the best in your blogging (:

      Delete